Steven A. Wright
Attorney and Partner
Licensed to practice law in Michigan, Illinois and Florida and Certified Public Accountant.
• J.D. – University of Michigan Law School (1992)
• M.B.A. in International Business and Marketing – Wayne State University (1989)
• B.B.A. in Accounting – University of Michigan Dearborn (1986)
Mr. Wright has extensive experience in business, commercial and construction litigation. His litigation experience extends to areas including commercial contracts, construction law, legal and accounting malpractice, Truth-in-Lending Act, ERISA, OSHA and MIOSHA, federal securities laws, employment, bankruptcy, antitrust law, environmental remediation, insurance law, franchise/licensing law, tax law, probate matters, civil rights law, and patent and trademark law.
Mr. Wright has represented all types of clients, including corporations, individuals, partnerships, public utilities, nonprofit corporations, and municipalities. He has represented both plaintiffs and defendants before state and federal courts of Michigan and Illinois, including in the trial courts, appellate courts, bankruptcy court, U.S. Claims Court, tax court, zoning boards of appeals, and the American Arbitration Association.
Mr. Wright has substantial experience in construction law. His practice has included trial work in California, Illinois, and Washington, D.C., but his focus is in Michigan. He has represented local and national owners, general contractors, subcontractors, suppliers, and commercial tenants in both public and private projects. He has also served as an adviser to these entities concerning contract drafting and negotiation, purchasing and regulatory matters, corporate planning, and workouts. His practice emphasizes business planning for commercial clients to reduce the risk of litigation.
Before starting his own firm, Mr. Wright served as a tax accountant and certified public accountant with Arthur Andersen & Company. He also practiced law in Chicago with Seyfarth, Shaw, Fairweather & Geraldson and then with Jones, Day, Reavis and Pogue.
Mr. Wright has served on the School Committee at St. Lawrence Elementary School in Utica, Michigan. He serves on the Board of the St. Lawrence Educational Foundation, Inc. He also coaches the state and national championship St. Lawrence Academic Games teams.
- Certified Public Accountant, State of Michigan
- Member, Michigan Bar Association
- Member, Illinois State Bar Association
- Member, Forum on the Construction Industry of the ABA
- Board Member, Academic Games Leagues of America
- Steering Committee Member, Michigan Leagues of Academic Games
Bar and Court Admissions
- State Bar of Michigan
- Illinois Bar
- Florida Bar
- U. S. Supreme Court
- U. S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth, Seventh, Ninth and Federal Circuits
- U. S. District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Michigan
- U. S. District Courts for the Northern and Central Districts of Illinois